Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Dance


Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared beneath the stars above
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known you'd ever say goodbye
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance
Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I the king
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance
Yes my life is better left to chance
I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance

This is our song that explains everything we felt about our time with Danielle. My kids love to listen to it. When we hear it playing on the radio I tell my kids that their sister is thinking about them and that is her way of letting us know that everything is all right. It is amazing to me how old this song is and yet they still play it on the radio, and at all the right times. I had a really bad day at work one day and left the hospital in a pretty down mood. I climbed in MAXX and turned the key and "The Dance" was playing on the radio. Oh how I needed to hear that song, it was almost like Wellie was there putting her arms around me and letting me know everything was alright. I could almost feel her. I haven't heard that song in a while and tonight as I got in MAXX after my computer class, there it was playing on the radio. I missed the first few lines, but that's OK. I just sat in the parking lot and listened. Boy do I miss our girl. What a great way to end my night tonight. It was like getting a good night hug and kiss from her. So I came home and passed that hug and kiss onto my other kids.I know I will sleep good night.

3 comments:

Suzee said...

Love that picture! I think about Wellie a lot. She sure was something special. I am glad that you got a hug from her tonight. Thanks for sharing that! But I think I have seen that face somewhere recently!

Ryan and Mandie said...

YOUR WELLIE BLOG WAS REALLY NEAT! I THINK THAT SHE IS WITH US ALOT! I KNOW I CAN FEEL HER AND I LOVE HER SWEET SPIRIT!!!

The Grover Family said...

I love you, You are so strong I bet thats the neatest thing to have that kind of comfort. PS caselyn saw that picture and thought it was Nae.